I go on a lot of first dates. I’m really good at them, in fact. Through my research, I’ve found Monday night dates to be some of the best (first) dates. And by best, I don’t mean worst. Here’s why:
1. It lets your suitor know you’re an important person and you’re giving up basically your only free night for them. Even if your Monday is as boring and ice-cream filled as any other night, chose Monday. There’s an air of mystery to someone who is only available on a Monday. Usually not the kind of air that gets you a second date, but nonetheless, we could all use some air.
2. It’s probably going to be a quick “let’s meet for drinks” date, because no one really wants to go on a date on Monday. But at my age, beggars can’t be choosers, so we’ll take what we can get.
3. You can totally cancel this date with a simple “It was one of those Mondays. I’m gonna have to work late.” Or, “you won’t believe the mess I’ve been cleaning up from the weekend here at the office.” Or, you can just cancel it when you realize you’re 33 years old and you’re strategizing about a Monday night drink date at Buffalo Wild Wings that is surely not going to land you a second date, especially if you do what makes you truly happy and order a dozen wings extra hot, extra wet, and with an extra side of ranch.
4. If it’s shitty, it doesn’t matter. It’s so early in the week there is no obligation to make plans to see this person over the weekend. If it’s good, you can totally make plans to see this person over the weekend, but still leave time for a random chance date later in the week that could or could not be better than Monday night football dude and you can boot him from the weekend lineup. Or not. It’s your call, player.
5. If you’re like me, you probably started a diet again today, so even if you aren’t thinner, your self esteem is naturally boosted from a 4 to a 5.
Now, go get ’em!